Monday, November 24, 2008

Turkey 24/7

It's that time of year again. Thanksgiving. The holiday that I hate worse than any other holiday on this earth. It really doesn't matter for the purposes of this post why I hate Thanksgiving so much; just that I do.

On the other hand, I am a minority of one in this respect in my household. 100% of the dogs surveyed really enjoy it. Specifically, they really like turkey and stuffing. Mashed potatoes not so much, and they have a real aversion to anything more vegetably than that. Although Cosmos does enjoy pies. Not the whole pie, mind you. He specifically focuses in on the crust.

TV viewing is skewed in my home this time of year, dictated by the dog. As any of my readers who have been around for a while know, Cosmos really enjoys standing in front of his "magic window," reacting and even commenting on what appears on the screen. And what programming do you think he enjoys the most this week before turkey day? The Food Network, of course! Their programming? Turkey, 24/7.

In years past, Cosmos has been transfixed by the pre-holiday activity on his screen, just as he is by any action going on in his kitchen. He's even been known to sniff, and then lick his TV screen on occasion. And I have to agree, those turkeys on television look pretty good.

Sadly for Cozie, we are doing Thanksgiving at Eric's home this year. However, I have already explained my Thanksgiving tradition to Eric, and he seems agreeable. That is, a ziplock bag hidden in my purse, specifically for the stealing of turkey for the dogs.

It may be a late Thanskgiving in our home for the boys, but they're always grateful for this particular treat.

Thirty posts in thirty days. This is day 24.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww. I send home a doggy bag with mom for Rusty. (german shephard-lab mix) And he loves that..Turkey skin, fatty parts of the turkey, some gravy and mashed potatoes and that boy is happy..He's not very happy with the stuffing or green beans.

The two little ones here (mini-doxie=Isabella, and toy pomeranian=pixie) may get a bite of turkey..Pending their gas issues.

hot tamale said...

6 days left...CRAP!!! Wont you pleeeeese take another month challenge???
love you
Becky

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails