Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mother's Shopping Day

Yesterday it was car shopping for Mom. We had narrowed the choices down to Honda and Toyota before taking her out, specifically either the Honda Accord or Civic, the Toyota Camary or Corolla.

Our sales person at Honda was a very nice man named Reuben. Not only was he personable, but he was smart enough to know, when I introduced Mom as his client, to talk directly to her instead of me or Eric. Not only was that appropriate, and not only did it make Mom feel good, but it made just the right impression on me. No matter how this whole thing shakes out, I will remember him, refer others to him, and when the time comes, seek him out for my own purchase.

Be as it may, Mom decided to test drive the Civic at the Honda dealership. After we were done, after the Sales Manager came over to greet us, and after business cards were exchanged, Ruben wished us a very Happy Thanksgiving. Mom laughed and asked him if he could guess which one of us was doing the cooking. The right answer is Eric. I am getting my next Cimzia shot today and likely will not feel up to participating in any meaningful way.

Well Reuben was very surprised at that, and exclaimed as much. Replied Eric: "Yes. I am practicing on the turkey. Then I'm coming back for you." Eric, by the way, is the closer.

Fortunately, Reuben has a sense of humor and laughed as much as the rest of us. But he has also been forewarned.

Thirty posts in thirty days. This is day 26.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails