Thursday, February 11, 2010

Just a Couple of Things:

I'm very tired and about to go to bed, but wanted to meet my commitment of a Blog Post a Day for the month of February.  Soooooooo.......

I'm proud to have made a bracelet for the Animal Cruelty Investigation's "Evening of Love" as part of their fundraising effort.




This bracelet was specifically made for the ACI.  I started with a spool of Nymo (nylon) cord which had to be wound off and measured into 10 lengths and then prepared to be worked with by applying a plastic agent to the ends so that they could act as self-needles as I threaded them through each individual bead, one bead at a time.
The beads come from a variety of sources; Glass Czech seed beads of various colors and sizes, Japanese Delica Beads – gold plated, and of course, Purple Quartz faceted beads from China.  The bracelet was made at 7”, but can be extended to a larger size by simply attaching the gold fill lobster clasp to a more extended link in the also gold fill chain.  
I used only high quality beads and applied my finest skill – the combination of different colors of seed beads – to make a one-of-a-kind unique piece of jewelry for this special group. 

Also, in case you haven't heard (I've been pretty-much broadcasting this one to everyone), I was profiled this month in the Hand Embroidery Network's Blog. Here I am.

 28 posts in 28 days.  Today is day 11.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails