Wednesday, May 28, 2008

World o' Blogs

There are some days when writing comes easily to me. Other days, like today, I don't feel so good (Methotrexate injection related) and have a hard time keeping my topics light if I choose to post at all. Fortunately, when I am suffering for a lack of words and don't feel like seeing or talking to anyone, I am still not alone. For there are a whole world of friends out there in the blog-o-sphere to visit.

I am regularly visiting Angie's "FitBy40" site. I met her a few years ago at a Richard Simmons Retreat in Beverly Hills and her weight loss journey since then is inspiring. She's down 40 pounds now and has the right attitude to take it the whole way.

Francesca used to blog under the name Fluffbuff about her adventures in knitting and the fiber world, but since entering Culinary School, she now regularly updates her cooking blog Tanta Robina with her new adventures. She always was a supurb cook and hostess and it's wonderful to see her pursue her passion.

Crazy Aunt Purl was the first super blogger's blog that I read. Amazingly, even though she is a fiber nut and lives right in my neighborhood, I have never met her. I've occasionally considered skipping exercise class just to attend the Stitch 'n' Bitch that she goes to, but then that would make me a stalker, right? I answer to most names, but 'stalker' can stay at bay. So I'll just continue my journies around town as will she, and sooner or later, or paths must cross.

And then, speaking of super bloggers and authors of all things fiber, there is Stephanie McFee of the Yarn Harlot fame. She always seems to be up to something interesting, whether it's alone time in the deep Canadian woods with nobody to talk to but the deer, or traveling around North America on one of her various book tours, or dealing with family and friends and the forever-late handmade gifts.

Mrs. G of Derfwad Manor fame always seems to keep me entertained. And sometimes, since I started commenting on her blog, she comments on mine! There's nothing like somebody to talks back to you to keep you motivated in your writing pursuits. And then there's her fabulous idea of a Woman's Colony. I signed up for it on the first day it was announced.

Getting Stitched on the Farm allows me a glimpse into a lifestyle bucolic and leaves me longing - but only sometimes - for a more rural lifestyle. Until the occasional posts where she talks about the destiny of her auction animals. Then I remember that city life isn't so bad either.

I'll talk about some of the other blogs that I like in the next day or two. I am eternally grateful for those who post for giving me an opportunity to escape my own life into other worlds which, while no less problematic than mine, allow me to travel around the world right from my desk.

Viva la blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww..Thank you-you sweet thang!!! But again you gave me courage and inspiration and helped me reach deep down to decide I no longer want to be on the sidelines.

I love you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails