Monday, May 26, 2008

I Had No Idea!

I took the time to balance my checkbook and review the status of my bills this evening. Never a pleasant task, it did take a turn for the bright side when I made a major discovery.

The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power AND the Southern California Gas Company both offer a discount to people with qualified medical conditions. That would include AutoImmune deficiencies. I had no idea.

To get the discount, I had to request copies of their applications. The Gas Company's application can be printed right on line, but the DWPs has to be requested through their Customer Service department. Having been on disability for the better part of 4 1/2 years, you can bet that I will be on the phone with them shortly.

When the application is received, I then have to fill out my portion and get my doctor to certify that I am suffering from a qualified disease. That should not be an issue.

I'm going to have to check AT&T to see if they also offer a discount. It seems that there may be a theme going here with utilities.

For any of my readers who may be living with medical issues - or who have family members with disabilities living with them, I urge you to check with your utility companies to see if there are corresponding programs in your area. I can't imagine that Los Angeles is all that unique in that regard.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails