Friday, May 1, 2009

Trunk Show

Just when I think it's time to go into 'despair' mode, something usually occurs to me that makes me laugh. Today was no exception. I have a case of the giggles.

The idea of taking Eric's Lexus off of his hands is dead. Apparently it's break-down on the side of the freeway, an hour after it passed both it's Used Car Check as well as its Smog Test is not unusual. That make and model car is known for the failure of their transmissions. Even though Eric is having it replaced at Club Lexus (I'll blog about that after we visit again and I get pictures... you wouldn't believe it!), that kind of failure is not something that I can live with. We're back to shopping for cars strictly for Lisa. Oy. Vey.

Anyway, while potentially owning the Lexus - a SUV type vehicle, I had a fantasy. Richard has his Fall Retreat this October (they don't know that they're having it at this point), I show up with a whole host of Jewelry and Accessories in the back on a beautiful display, advertise it with specific operating hours (between Richard's classes and events), and make enough money to attend the retreat myself. A very good plan if I have to say so myself. But I will not be owning the Lexus or any other SUV. I'm sticking with my Nissan Altima.

Then, on the way down to Slimmons it occured to me. Make displays in the trunk of my car. Line it with satin, put raised displays and tables in the trunk and around the back of the car. And advertise the event as a "real" trunk show. How can It lose?

I personally think it would be a great idea.

7 comments:

Beth said...

Can we have a "White Elephant Sale" at the trunk show??? LOL

I can't wait (that is if Richard had a retreat - he'd better!!!)

Hugs and love - Beth

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

Disco ball - we definitely need a disco ball!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Go for it!!

Claudia said...

Who knows? Maybe Richard would be your best customer. LOL

Love ya,
Claudia

Claudia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails