Monday, May 25, 2009

Operation Dog Biscuit

The Mission: To mess with children's minds.
The Date: Today, May 25th, Memorial Day
The Event: Memorial Day Pot Luck BBQ at my home.


The other day, I was preparing for today's Memorial Day BBQ - to happen later this afternoon - and I ran across a set of dog bone shaped cookie cutters. The possibilities came upon my mind instantly. "Of Course!" I thought. "This is a perfect opportunity to screw with, at a minimum, Ian and Miles. With a little luck, the older kids might do a double take too.

I pulled out an old cookbook that featured cookies, and found a recipe for Sugar Cookies. I had to make the dough in advance and chill it in my refrigerator... it was worth it. Today, I rolled it out, cut cookies, sprinkled them with sugar, and baked them.

Then I put them in my dog themed cookie jar... the one that, if he remembers that far back, Ian knows that I used to keep dog biscuits in. When the kids arrive and after they go swimming, we will be sitting in the living room and I'll ask one of the younger boys to bring the dog biscuit jar to me. I will pull cookies out and feed them to the dogs. Then I will turn to the kids and ask them whether they like their dog biscuit light or dark. (I kind of burned some.) If they turn me down, I'll offer some to Eric, Adele, Steve, and any other adults that are around. Then we sit back and wait to see what happens.

Cosmos was quite interested in the preparation phase of this special mission. Especially when he saw items that were suspiciously shaped like dog biscuits going from dough form to cookie sheet to what he knows from history is his cookie jar. Yes, I gave him a couple, but I need to hold of on giving him more until later this afternoon.

I'm fortunate in that Sunny is not such a glutton as Cosmos, and opted to lay on his new bed rather than bother me for food. He'll get his treats later this afternoon too.

So what do you think is going to happen? I've set up a poll on the sidebar of my blog. Looking forward to your thoughts!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I totally applaud messing with young impressionable minds. In a good way of course!

Claudia said...

I see that Sunny is keeping my spot warm. LOL

Love ya,
Claudia

LI Laura said...

I love Sunny's new bed!

Caren said...

So funny. I can't wait to hear what happens.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails