Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Blind in One Eye

Eric & I spent a lot of time with his mother Anne in the past several days. It was an emergency; no she is not ill but there was a situation that is not for public consumption which needed to be addressed and addressed immediately. For whatever reason, Anne has liked me right from the beginning (Eric told me then that I had an unfair advantage because she absolutely hated his ex-wife and that anybody who came around after that would be accepted on first sight - lol), and her feelings seem to have intensified over time.

At any rate, it was very tense and the problem required long hours over days to be fixed. Eric was in charge and did most of the work; my job basically was to sit there and provide moral support for both sides. I apparently did my job well.

In the end, Anne grabbed me and hugged me and kissed me all over. Yes, she was wearing lipstick. Bright, greasy, old-lady lipstick.

Eric & I walked to the car, got in, and I started to laugh. "What's so funny?" he asked.

I moaned. "I'm blind in my left eye."

"Huh?"

"Your Mom, when she was kissing me, gave me a great big smack-a-roo right on the left lense of my glasses. I can't see!"

You should know that I have, for the time being, resorted to using my old reading glasses. I don't have the heart to take the loving grease off of my bifocals yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails