Friday, July 18, 2008

Ruth, also known as "Twisted Ruth" and "Twisted Spinster"

From my Spinning Guild last Wednesday:

Dear Fiber Friends,

It is with a very heavy heart that I write this. Mike Schooley just
called to say that Ruth Schooley (aka Twisted Spinster) died last
night. She and her beloved Roketman were on their way to dinner when
she had a seizure. The doctors think it was caused by a blood clot in
her lungs. He said she died quickly and without pain.




This is my favorite picture of Ruth:

She looks so sweet and happy in it. Never mind the fact that just before I snapped it, she had assisted me in placing the "Fart Machine 2" underneath the chair of David L-, and then videotaped me setting it off during his drum carding demo, only to post the video on youtube later.

I'm going to miss her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((Laura)))
you are right she does look very happy in that picture..

Unknown said...

Oh Laura,

Thanks for this lovely post. I've been scavenging photos of Ruth off of the internet as I find I have very few of her myself. This reminds me to love and cherish my friends and take more pictures!

I am going to miss Ruth too, I'm mad I didn't spend more time with her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails