Saturday, November 20, 2010

You Can't Go Home Again

It's true.  You really can't go home.  You can go to the place that you used to call home, but it's not home anymore.


Jorge has been working diligently on my condo, getting it ready to be rented.  He's doing a beautiful job, bringing it back to great condition after 15 years of me letting it get run down.  Eric & I met him there yesterday to check out his progress, ensure that he was on the right track (I'm letting him make most of the decisions himself), and of course, give him another check towards the project.  It looks great.  It looks beautiful, even without the wallpaper.  But it feels surreal... dejavu.


 One thing I know is that I do not belong there anymore.  I belong right where I am.  Right by Eric's side.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

I miss this place. I can't help it. Some of my best memories are there. :)

Adele said...

It always feels a little strange when I go to Encino Oaks. That's not going to go away. I always make a point to let my tenant know that I used to live there - that I have a personal interest in making sure the place stays nice.

Let me know when I can give you the garage door opener and the keys. I am anxious to give them to you already!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails