Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trick or Treat... Part 1

Despite this morning's early trick featuring the appearance of the Indoor Waterfall, today dawned bright, sunny, and cool. A perfect day for a Halloween Party at Slimmons!

Last week, I had envisioned wearing my wedding gown one more time, this time matched up with a Bride-Of-Frankenstein wig for the class, but between the filth splattered over it (there are even wine stains and I never drank a thing... I WONDER who spilled on me?) making it less than desirable to wear, I was at a loss as to what to do. No way was I showing up at class without something memorable! And so I looked around the bedroom and it dawned on me what to wear.

 Yes, that's right.  It's the same grape costume(s) worn by my dogs last week at the reception.

I rearranged the Velcro to attach the two costumes into one, then - at  Eric's suggestion - instead of wearing the dog's hats as hats, festooned them to my legs.  Still, boring.  I added the afro wig that Eric used during the Father-Daughter 60's dance at Lupin Hill Elementary School several years ago with Gabby along with a bandanna.  But the costume still did not seem to be enough.  But then inspiration hit!  I needed to borrow a pair of Eric's Fruit of the Loom underwear and wear them on the outside!!!!   Voila!  That was the touch my costume was missing, and although it was not a winner in Richard's costume contest, I could care less.  It was definitely a crowd pleaser.

Later in the day, after yet another theraputic appointment consulting about "the one," Eric & I came home and responded to Adele's offer to join her and Ian at a haunted house in Woodland Hills.  Uncle Al joined us for dinner and the trip up.  A Halloween display and show put together by a group of Disney employees responsible for inventing and constructing the Haunted Mansion just for the love of doing so, let's just say it was WAY worth visiting!
 



And still there's the REAL Halloween tomorrow! Uncle Al is going to join us again, and we plan to visit the ULTIMATE trick-or-treat neighborhood in Calabasas. The "wrong side of the tracks" in Calabasas, these homes only cost about a million to buy vs. the more standard 10 to 20 mil home, and they are large, but narrow and long, front doors only maybe 15 feet apart, many good shows, and high quality candy. You can come home with a boatload of goodies after only 1/2 hour to 45 minutes "work," and have been entertained along the way too!

All in all, a very good weekend.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails