Monday, October 4, 2010

I Don't Know!

Last Saturday night, Eric & I were supposed to have a date night, but I was so incredibly tired that in the end, we went out to dinner and came home to an empty house thanks to Christina.  We had asked her to take the kids out for dinner and follow it up with an evening of bowling to give us some much-needed quiet time.  It was wonderful!  As much as I love the kids, due to one child or another always missing school, I have not had any private time at all.  It's true culture shock after living so many years alone, and although I enjoy the company, sometimes I crave solitude.

They came back home around 10:30 with exciting news.  They had seen Brad Garrett of "Everybody Loves Raymond" fame at Corbin Bowl!  They were trying to remember the show he stars in now, but I was still very tired, in my pajamas, in my bed, and short of patience.  I kicked them all out without completing the conversation.

Last night, Miles brought it up again.  "So what IS the show that Brad Garrett starred in?"  he asked.  "I don't know."  I answered.  "No, really!" he responded.  "What's the name of the show?"  And I answered "I don't know!"

At that point, he started looking very accusatory.  "You know the name of the show.  Tell me!"  And I replied, this time in a more self-assured tone, "I Don't Know.  Really!  It's 'I Don't Know!"

Miles looked confused.  "You've never lied to me before," he said.  "And I'm not now either."  I replied.  "I don't know!"


"I've never lied to you and I'm not starting now either.  But I might tease you a little."  I smiled.  "But I can prove to you that Brad Garrett stars in a show called 'I Don't Know."

"How?"

"Come with me," and we proceeded to the bedroom where Eric was deeply engrossed on the computer.  He looked a little cross when we interrupted him, but this was of utmost importance.  "Eric," I asked very seriously, "What show is Brad Garrett who used to star in 'Everybody Loves Raymond' starring in now?"  And Eric did not let me down.

"I don't know." he replied.

"See!"  I said to Miles.  His show really IS "I don't know!"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails