Thursday, September 3, 2009

Wanted: Sony Trinitron Remote Control

My remote has survived earthquakes, dogs who purposely picked it up and then dared me not to get up and chase them before biting down, going through the washing machine and dryer, being stepped on, being lost, and various other calamities, still working faultlessly. It has been held together for a couple of decades with scotch tape, and still served me well. But last night at approximately 3:30 in the morning, it finally bit the dust.

This is a bigger problem than you might think. Not only was it 3:30 in the morning, and I desperately wanted to put my TV on 30-minute sleep mode while watching QVC (a program that works better than Ambien on a sleepless night), but my tiny 13" TV in my bedroom is not located near my bed, but instead across the room and on top of my amoire. It requires a step stool hauled in from the kitchen just to climb up and turn it on and off manually.

Do you perhaps have an old Trinitron Remote that was separated from it's TV when you upgraded to a current flat-screen TV and donated the once state-of-the-art oldster to Goodwill? Or perhaps you have kids with an old Trinitron in their bedroom and you would like to teach them an object lesson about the importance of putting the remote in it's proper place when they're not using it, and how it will disappear if they are less than responsible? Or ?????

If any of these scenarios fit your bill and you have a remote to spare, you will save me the pain of buying a universal remote for a TV so old that it will probably die of shock if asked to respond to anything but it's original intended system. And then you will have saved me the pain of joining the 21st century by being forced to buy a new TV that might possibly be high def or - gulp - flat screen.

Thank you

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails