Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fixing Things

Some things can be fixed; some cannot.  My life has been so crazed as of late that a lot of things have gone by the wayside, and worse, many things have gone only half completed.  And the bottom drops out of my life when I do something wrong.  Mind you, in some cases, it's just a brain-fart that caused it (read my mind isn't always acute when I've not been sleeping well), some times my words and/or actions have been misinterpreted, and sometimes I was just plain wrong.

No matter what the cause, I agonize over the issues.

Today was a slow day for me.  Nothing to do until this evening when I go to Slimmons for another of my less-than-stellar workout sessions.  I have been condemned to exercise near a chair since the fainting of a week ago. I hate it; I hate being forced into any corner and I hate that I cannot depend on anything, not even my body.  I certainly don't blame the good people at exercise for putting up with my situation for far longer than I had any right to expect.  I am in the Clinical Trial; I am doing everything I can to get my physical conditioning off the ground and get back to being as healthy as possible, so even though I don't like the situation, I will put up with it.  It's my best option, at least for now.

When the day is slow, I have a lot of time to think... too much time, but on the other hand, I have a lot of time to work too.  Although little has been completed yet, I've made progress on the following things:

This necklace was for sale in my "I'm Making It" shop in Etsy.  It was extraordinarily priced given how much work it was and also the inclusion of a real Opal.  But I had lent it to Wendy to wear during a Richard Simmons shoot, and she pointed out to me that the bead-and-loop closure was not completely reliable.  So today I modified it so it now has a Sterling Silver toggle closure and have listed it in my ArtiZen Beads shop, and also featured it on Facebook's "It's Better Handmade" group.


I also listed these earrings in Artizen Beads as well as "It's Better Handmade" but there is a story that goes with them that I will tell tomorrow upon resolution.  Oy vey.


I made Lucy a special Doggie Collar after she ate the last one.


















Then an opportunity came up to donate another collar to the charitable organization "Animal Advocates Alliance" (Martini Bash, July 24, 2010 for their silent auction) who helps shut down puppy mills and also rescues dogs from the pounds.  Given that Lucy is a pound puppy and I have not had anything but rescue dogs in my entire adult life, I couldn't pass up an opportunity to give of my self in the way of jewelry.  In this case, Bow-wow bling.  It's not done yet, but you can get an idea where this is going.


My Medic Alert Bracelet's clasp is not reliable.

The magnet is not strong enough for the weight of the piece, and it falls off with alarming regularlity.  This is a piece of jewelry that I must wear whenever I am out of the home, and I don't have another, so I can't put up with the possibility of losing it. Using Diane Fitzgerald's "Shaped Beadwork" book, I have started fashioning a beaded toggle clasp for it.  I will finish it later tonight after exercise and attach it.  Another issue resolved.


I am very late in lengthening a necklace that I made for Gabby for her birthday.  It needs another 4" on the chain.  This is something that I am also addressing today.


The fact is that I do not feel well, probably some part due to physical issues, but just as much to do with being hyper sensitive and hyper stressed.  But this could have been a day devoted to crying and eating and not getting much of anything else done.  I am grateful that I do have my crafting, my jewelry to work on.  Being able to focus on projects that require methodical attention and continuous use of my hands settles my mind.



 * * * * * * * * * * * *

It's a nice thing to have found a community of artists who are very supportive of each other.  I belong to one group called "On Fire For Handmade" and through that group, I have found some wonderful people who I would like to introduce to you.  This week's feature shop is "Finding Charm."  In this shop, you will find a lot of budget-conscious jewelry that is still fashion forward and most important, made by hand with love.  I hope you'll take the time to check out the "Finding Charm" stores and if you see something there that you like, that you will support her.





This weeks Featured Artisan on Share the Love... Blogger's Unite is

Finding Charm





I started making jewelry because I had outfits I just couldn't find that perfect piece to go with. So I thought I'd buy some beads and give it a try. I was hooked, it's almost an addiction! It's important to me that I create charming pieces that don't break the bank. I started getting compliments and requests and decided I should help others in their journey of finding charm.


I am a member of the Etsy Texas Crafters Team. Search for items using the team tag 'TeamEtsyTx' to find listings of fabulous crafters!

I am a member of the Etsy Bloggers Team. http://etsybloggers.com/ Search for items using the team tag 'etsybloggersteam' to find listings of fabulous crafters.

Female, Born on February 10


You can find Finding Charm on:
Etsy
Artfire 
Zibbet
Facebook
Twitter
Blog
youTube





1 comment:

Finding Charm said...

Thank you so much for posting my shop. I love that necklace on the mother of pearl jar. It looks like absolute perfection. I envy your detail! Good Luck to you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails