Friday, July 2, 2010

My Chocolate Lab

Lucy was "sold" to me as a Black Lab.  She looks like a black lab, and most of the time she acts like one.  But today, she was a Chocolate Lab.  That is because she discovered the 2 cups of chocolate chips that were left over from a picnic and chocolate chip cookie baking of a couple of weeks ago and were intended for cookies I was going to bake for the 4th.  Apparently she likes chocolate.  She ate them all.

I called the vet; I was advised that the "dose" of chocolate she got was probably not lethal, but that they would advise inducing vomiting.  That would be done by forcing about 4 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide down her throat and waiting for the effects.  I watched her, and decided that she was not showing any signs of toxicity, and that she probably didn't need the dose and I didn't need the clean-up.

She is fine.  Maybe a little more animated this evening than normal, but nothing that couldn't be ascribed to a simple sugar high.  I've been assured that there will be massive diahhreah tomorrow morning.  Probably true.  When I go to Slimmons, I intend to lock the carpeted portion of the condo off.

No harm, no foul.  Well, maybe fowl, but nothing that can't be cleaned up with ease.

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails