Monday, September 29, 2008

"Making" Money

Rarely, Eric & I bet over something or other. I do not believe in making large bets, and so the tradition was established that whoever lost the bet had to present the winner with a dollar bill that they had defaced.

I don't remember what the bets were about, but twice I won. The first bill that Eric gave me featured George sporting a moustache fairly reminiscent of the one that he was growing at the time. The second dollar was much more, shall we say - ahem - colorful as he had allowed Miles to mark it up. But as time went on, it became inevidable that I should lose a bet and I finally did.

As I said to Eric when I finally paid off, he can deface his bills his way and I get to deface mine in my own special style. Eric said that he was going to frame my bill as the first dollar that he never made. And I realized then and there that that WAS the first dollar I had actually made rather than earned.
Click on the picture for a close up of the bead embroidery.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear to you I thought you took red, black and silver ink with swirls..It wasn't until I read beading that I clicked and did a double take..

Girl..I say you are back!! Better than ever!! Make no mistake about it!! SHE'S Back!!!

janet said...

I Love It!

Vennie said...

OMG, it's beautiful! Something tells me there's something saleable here, I just can't quite figure out how.

Becky said...

I just thought you colored the dollar bill. I was surprised when I enlarged the picture and saw all the beading. You are so skilled! It is amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails