Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Eight years ago today, I walked through the doors of Slimmons and started working out with Richard Simmons.  It was a hard decision to make; I wanted nothing to do with the man or the philosophy.  I certainly didn't want to face my lifestyle and the choices I made.  Instead, I blamed everything on my family, on my job, on my health issues.

Eight years is a long time, yet it seems like yesterday.  It seems like yesterday that I was that angry person who refused to interact with others, didn't have many friends, had little life.  But in those years, I made an amazing transformation into the woman I am now.  Even with my current weight travails, I am within normal bounds, I know friendship and love and the bonds of a family of my own.  Even with my health issues manifesting in new and increasingly difficult ways, I know the power not so much in believing that I will get better, but of suspending disbelief and being open to the possibility that things can profoundly change for the better, even against all odds.

There were many people who started helping me down this path before I met Richard, and many people who have helped me since I made the decision to travel this road.  To all of them, I am profoundly grateful.

To Richard, for what it is worth, I owe you so very much.  I'm never sure what my status is with you other than maybe a press release who's day has passed, but you have been, are, and will always be everything to me.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

I am grateful to Richard too for many reasons. One of the biggest thing he did for me was make it possible to meet you. How would we have met if it had not been for Richard? It wouldn't have happened. So, yeah, thanks Richard. <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails