Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Stylish Blog Award

It took a while for me to post this, but I've been awarded the Stylish Blog Award!


Many Thanks to
Made for Me by Oaklie
Handmade Fashion Scarves and More
http://madeformebyoaklie.com

This is very exciting and will give you an insight to some blogs you may never read.

Here's how it works:

Step 1 - Make a link back to the person who nominated you - thanks for Made for Me by Oaklie. Link done!

Step 2 - Share 7 random things about yourself.

Step 3 - Award 15 recently discovered bloggers to this award.

Step 4 - Contact these bloggers and tell them about it.

Here are my 7 random things:

1)  I was a Richard Simmons Success Story (over 200 pounds lost) but am currently struggling with a 30 pound weight gain.  I guess that still makes me a success although I don't feel like one right now.

2)  I recently signed up for Animoto  and am LOVING IT!  Who knew I'd be infected by the age of technology?  Making these videos is really fun!  (If you look at the link, put me in as a referral and we'll both get an extra month on our subscription.)

3)  Speaking of the age of technology, Eric got me a Verizon I Phone last weekend.  O.  M.  G!  Am I having fun?  This may be the best toy ever and I can make phone calls on it too!

4)  I am having a Spin-In at my home on February 27.  If you're arts-and-crafts inclined, contact me privately for details!  You don't have to spin yarns (of either kind) to come... bring what you like to work on and you'll be welcome.

5)  I hate shopping.  Ironic since I love selling my work - lol!

6)  I finally rented my old condo.  There's no turning back now.

7)  I may have married into the Splaver clan,but I'm a "Splaver" in name only.  To be a full fledged Splaver, you need to have an internal thermostat of about 110 degrees.  They're always warm, no matter what the temperature.  I'm always cold, no matter what the temperature!  :D

So there you have it, that's a little about me. Now here are the 15 blogs I recommend you check out:

1.  The Beebonnet Report by Janel Laidman
2.  Tanglewood Fibers by Trish Anderson
3.  The Panopticon by Franklin Habit
4.  Claudia's Yoga by Claudia Regan
5.  Modeknit / Knitting Heretic by Annie Modisett
6.  Beadlust by Robin Atkins
7.  Affirming Creativity by Vicki Schroeder
8.  Art Bead Scene...  Various Contributors
9.  Getting Stitched on the Farm by Kristen Nicholas
10. Woven Thoughts by Sara Lamb
11.Creature Comforts by Ez
12.Fey Handmade by Christine Lindstrom
13. California Crafters of Etsy (CCCOE)... Various Contributors
14. Buzz Blog by Jen Wallace
15. The Yarn Harlot by Stephanie McFee

Sadly, not all of these blogs were "recently" discovered, but they're all superb and I'd rather give you links that you will enjoy and I know are consistent than those that may be here today, gone tomorrow.  Now, I have to go.  I have some e-mailing to surprised authors to do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails